Birth Doula Package
“In the typical U.S. birthing unit, the doula you bring with you may be the only person whose sole responsibility is to make you more comfortable and to help you labor as effectively as possible.” -Ina May Gaskin
- Initial consultation (Free) to see if we are a good match!
- 1-3 prenatal visits, this time is used to get to know you. Frequent topics include but are not limited to: discussing your wishes, fears, or other essentials, coping techniques for labor, your birth vision, and lactation education.
- Assistance with creating a birth plan as desired
- Unlimited email, phone and/or texting support
- Access to lending library and informational resources
Labor and Birth Support:
- Continuous, uninterrupted support during labor and birth. When I join you depends on when you need a little extra support.
- Help with creating a peaceful, calming space for Mom and partner
- Support and guidance as needed for the birth partner in supporting the laboring mom
- Informational support to allow parents to make informed decisions
- Comfort measures such as breathing, massage, rebozo, changing positions and counter-pressure
- Acupressure, reiki and reflexology are additional comfort measures that I am happy to provide.
- Help with initiating breastfeeding in the 1-2 hours after birth
- 1 postpartum visit scheduled within 1-2 weeks of the birth to reflect and process
- Continued support by phone and email for as long as you need.
- Referrals provided as needed
Placenta encapsulation service includes:
- Pick up and delivery of the encapsulated placenta
- Your choice of placenta encapsulated method using either the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) or Raw method.
- Placenta tincture & Umbilical cord keepsake
- Your placenta will be processed with the utmost care, upholding strict standards for cleanliness and sanitation as defined by OSHA.
Encapsulated Placenta will be returned to you in most cases within about 24 hours, in some cases it will take 48-72 hours from pick up to delivery.
Individualized childbirth education for couples who are either unable to attend a group class or prefer to learn in the comfort of their own home. A series of classes may be purchased and individualized to meet your needs. Each class is 2-3 hours in length.
What kind of class do you need?
- Refresher class for second time parents
- Comprehensive Class for first time parents
- Homebirth or Birth Center Class
- Individualized Classes for special topics