"A little about me:
My family moved to the South Bay more than 20 years ago from the midwest and I have enjoyed the many charms of life near the beach ever since. I serve not only the South Bay, but surrounding areas as well. My student midwife placement takes me all over the Los Angeles area, so please ask me if I come to your neighborhood!
I am the mother of two amazing little boys, both born at home. I absolutely believe that each woman has the capacity to have a positive birth and that far too many baby's enter this world without the support they need. I am passionate about helping families reclaim their birth experience, whatever that may be.
Additionally, I am a senior student midwife in clinical placements at both Birthing Rhythm Midwifery and Beach Cities Birth Service with a passion for all things pregnancy, birth and postpartum related. As a trained birth doula, I can support families birthing in hospital, birth center, or home. Placenta encapsulation services are also available, please reserve this service ahead of time if you are interested. Placenta encapsulation may provide a gentler transition into motherhood's early days providing a host of nutrients for replenishment.
My approach is to provide support that empowers you to make the right decisions for you and your baby during the birth process. I embrace diverse families of all shapes and sizes, and the unique needs of each family I serve. Whether you want a natural birth or a medicated birth, I will help you to have a positive and supported birth.
When I am not at a birth or working, you will probably find me spending time with my family, cuddled up with my cat Gretchen, with a cuppa while studying, or enjoying time at the beach."
Tasha's Passion For Education:
- Bachelor’s in Music ~ Florida State University, 2003
- Graduate Studies in Music ~ University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- Hypnobirthing (Mongan Method) with Ellie Shea, 2008
- DONA International Trained Birth Doula with Ana Paula Markel, 2012
- Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas with Ana Paula Markel, 2012
- Breastfeeding Education for Doulas with Lacey Mackey, 2012
- Reflexology for the Doula with Rebecca Slome, 2013
- Certified as a Doula Specializing in Acupressure with Nick Olow, L.Ac., MSTOM, 2013
- Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 Training with Timothy Trujillo, 2013
- ICEA Childbirth Education Teacher Training with Ana Paula Markel, 2013
- Michel Odent on Childbirth: Babies Need Love, Microbes & Stress, 2014
- Herbs & Oils for Birth Keeps Workshop with Giselle Baturay, 2014
- Counceling LGBTQ Couples with Jaye Simpson, 2014
- Raider’s of the Lost Arts! Talkin’ VBAC, Breech & Twins with Dr. Stuart Fischbein, 2014
- doTERRA Essential Oils Class, 2010, 2014
- Undisturbing Birth: Day Workshop with Dr. Sarah Buckley, 2014
- Neonatal Resuscitation Certified (American Academy of Pediatrics), 2014 & 2016
- Certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer, 2015
- Midwife’s Assistant Training, Midwives College of Utah, 2015
- Better Birth Midwifery Skills Workshop and Clinical Placement, 2016
- Rebozo Workshop with Naoli Vinaver, 2016
- Student Midwife at the Midwives College of Utah, Jan 2015-Present