Birth Doula Support
"Doula" is an ancient Greek word meaning “woman’s servant”. Today the term refers to “a woman who is trained to provide support to women and their families during pregnancy, childbirth, and the period of time following the birth”.
Birth doulas provide informational, physical and emotional support to mom and her partner. Support is given anywhere a woman chooses to labor and birth her baby, including hospitals, birth centers and home environments.
“In the typical U.S. birthing unit, the doula you bring with you may be the only person whose sole responsibility is to make you more comfortable and to help you labor as effectively as possible.” -Ina May Gaskin
- Initial consultation (Free) to see if we are a good match!
- 2-3 prenatal visits, this time is used to get to know you. Frequent topics include but are not limited to: discussing your wishes, fears, or other essentials, coping techniques for labor, your birth vision, and lactation education.
- Assistance with creating a birth plan as desired
- Unlimited email, phone and/or texting support
- Access to lending library and informational resources
Labor and Birth Support
- Continuous, uninterrupted support during labor and birth. When I join you depends on when you need a little extra support.
- Help with creating a peaceful, calming space for Mom and partner
- Support and guidance as needed for the birth partner in supporting the laboring mom
- Informational support to allow parents to make informed decisions
- Comfort measures such as breathing, massage, rebozo, changing positions and counter-pressure
- Acupressure, reiki and reflexology are additional comfort measures that I am happy to provide.
- Help with initiating breastfeeding in the 1-2 hours after birth
- 2 postpartum visits. At 2-4 days postpartum and another one at 2 weeks postpartum to reflect and process.
- Continued support by phone and email for as long as you need.
- Referrals provided as needed
- $1800 - Birth Doula Services
- $100 off your total fee if you pay in full at the time of hire
- $100 off your total fee if you are a repeat client requesting only 1 prenatal visit (instead of 2 or more for new clients).
- Birth doula fee remains the same as the first hire for repeat clients.